As we come to the end of February, time is getting a little closer to the The 2021 Classic Literature On Film Blogathon which runs at the start of April. So far there have been some fantastic choices and of course there is plenty of room for more.
I’ll take the opportunity to restate the conditions of entry:
Outline Of Rules
- This blogathon is not just restricted to reviewing actual films based on classic literature. Participants are encouraged to write on any angle regarding the topic area e.g comparisons of films based on a particular text, discussion of the textual integrity of films based on classic literature.
- Duplicates of films will be allowed for review but of course it’s a case of first in, so act fast. Whilst you are welcome to write more than one entry, there will be a limit of three posts per blog.
- This blogathon does focus on the classic era of Hollywood film – from the silent era to the 1960s. But please don’t let that hold you back, as all entries from all periods will be happily accepted.
- All contributions must be new material only. Previously published posts will not be accepted.
- The blogathon will take place between April 2nd and 4th, 2021. Please submit your entries on either of these days or earlier if you wish. For those of you posting early, just remember that your entry won’t be linked until the event starts.
- To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, you can so in the following ways:
– please leave a comment on my blog along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover
– or you can always register by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover.
– or contact me through Twitter: https://twitter.com/PaulBee71
Once you get confirmation, please spread the word about this blogathon by advertising the event on your blog and other social media. Please feel free to use one of these ads to advertise the event.
Here are our entries so far!
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – 84 Charing Cross Road
Silver Screenings – Pollyanna (1920)
Caftan Woman – The Wind and the Willows (1983)
J-Dub – Great Expectations (1946)
Once Upon A Screen – The Invisible Man (1933)
Films From Beyond The Time Barrier – Master of the World (1961)
Taking Up Room – 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (both versions)
Top10FilmLists.com – Becky Sharp (1935)
Robert Short – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920, 1931 and 1941)
Critical Retro – Huckleberry Finn (1931 and 1939)
Pale Writer – The Picture Of Dorian Gray
Blogferatu – Carrie (1976)
Hamlette’s Soliloquy – Jane Eyre (1943)
A Scunner Darkly – The Ebb Tide (1937)
Voyages Extraordinaries – The Jungle Book (various adaptations)
His Fame Still Lives – The Conquering Power (1921)
Cary Grant Won’t Eat You – Of Human Bondage (1934)
RealWeegieMidget – The Canterbury Tales (2003) Ep02 – The Wife Of Bath
If you’re after some more ideas, you can also have a look at the entries from last year’s blogathon here.
Your sharing of this on your own social pages would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks everyone!